- Torpedo is coming into this contest having lost two games in a row.
- Lokomotiv is coming into this contest on an impressive 7-game winning streak.
- Torpedo is playing the 1st of two straight home games.
- Lokomotiv is playing the 2nd of four straight road games.
- Torpedo defeated Lokomotiv earlier this season 4-2, but then lost to Lokomotiv 4-3 in OT.
- Varnakov has points in 3 straight games, going 4-3-7 over that span.
- Konovalov has played 149:21 straight minutes without allowing a goal against.
- Kozun has points in 6 straight games, going 4-2-6 over that span.
- Torpedo: Stanislav Galimov
- Lokomotiv: Petri Kontiola, Pavel Kraskovsky
- Torpedo: Danil Veryayev, who leads the team with a +12 rating, will miss today’s game due to suspension.
- Forward Stepan Sannikov is hoping to collect his 100th career KHL assist.